Emotional Wellbeing Toolkit for Union Chapter Leaders
How can union chapter leaders help their members?
Now, more than ever, union chapter leaders are looking for effective resources to help their valued members manage the challenges, uncertainties and stresses that seem to be coming from all directions. Through the strong partnerships that we have built with union chapter leaders throughout California, CVT is able to bring a host of special resources to you to share with your members and their families. CVT is committed to supporting the emotional wellbeing of your members by providing you with the tools and resources that your members need. To assist you, CVT has created this toolkit full of helpful resources designed specifically for union chapter leaders.
Beacon Health Options: Beacon Health Options is your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offered through CVT. EAP is a great starting point for emotional wellbeing services. Beacon provides members access to confidential support for work and life, as well as a broad set of training topics for union chapter leaders. While Beacon offers union chapter leaders the helpful resources listed below, you can always call Beacon Health Options at (877) 397-1032.
- Seminar Training Catalog: Topics include stress management, team building, finance management, workplace effectiveness and more.
- Pre-Recorded Video Sessions: These videos cover various topics that range from mental toughness to tackling everyday challenges associated with COVID-19.
- “Increasing Mental Toughness” Presented by Wendy Wollner
- “Staying Healthy During Coronavirus” Presented by Carrie Gallagher
- “Life in Today’s Uncertain Times” Presented by Star Bobatoon
- “Talking to Your Child about Coronavirus” Presented by Grace Lichtenstein
- “Working with Children Home” Presented by Christopher Salem
- Training Request Form: Union chapter leaders wanting to request trainings must complete this form
- Critical Incident Response (CIR): These are urgent requests for counseling services at the school district, based on an event such as a death, wildfire related distress, or other time sensitive need. Please contact Health Program Manager, Robin Wood at email@example.com, or call your Account Manager at (800) 288-9870.
Anthem Blue Cross (PPO/HMO):
Blue Shield of California:
Sutter Health | Aetna (EPO):
These services are available at no cost to CVT members and their school districts. If you need additional information, or have questions about where to start, contact Health Program Manager, Robin Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call your Account Manager at (800) 288-9870.