CVT's Fit for Life Wellbeing Program
A better quality of life for members
California's Valued Trust (CVT) developed its Fit for Life Wellbeing initiative with one major goal in mind: improving the overall health of CVT members by providing resources and programs to achieve a better quality of life.
Both Districts and Members Can Participate
Fit for Life is designed to help districts and members leverage healthy lifestyle opportunities. It is an opportunity for districts and members to participate in health screenings, fairs and seminars, while also promoting school involvement and success. CVT, along with our vendor partners, provide no-cost customized offerings including:
- On-site, district-wide,biometric health screenings to assess health indicators through blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol and body mass index measures
- Flu vaccine clinics offered September-March
- Wellness seminars on a variety of topics such as work-life balance, healthy eating and stress management - call CVT for a copy of the training programs catalog
- Fit for Life Grants are available for districts to plan and implement wellness activites for CVT members. Click here to view the wellbeing grant application.
- District Fit for Life Wellbeing Champions are a key component of the CVT Fit for Life Wellbeing Program. They coordinate and promote Fit for Life programs at school sites. Click here to learn more.
For information about any of these Fit for Life programs, contact Robin Wood, Health Program Manager at CVT. Email: fitforlife@CVTrust.org or call 800-288-9870.
Preventive Care - Taking care of yourself and your family
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) includes provisions for recommended preventive health services to be covered by health plans with no copayment when you receive your services from a network provider.
- Click here to view the list of preventive care services outlined by the ACA
- Anthem Blue Cross Members: Click here to view Anthem's Preventive Care flyer
- Blue Shield of California Members: for a list of recommended screenings and immunizations go to blueshieldca.com/preventive
California Smokers' Helpline
Free Help to Quit Smoking from the California Smokers' Helpline.
Thinking about quitting or want to help a loved one quit? CVT has partnered with the California Smokers' Helpline to provide a valuable resource for you. Helpline services are proven in clinical trials to double your chance of successfully quitting and are available in several languages. Special services are available for teens, pregnant smokers, and tobacco chewers. All services and materials are FREE. Call today 1-800-622-8887 or enroll online at www.nobutts.org and use promo code: 125. For more Helpline information view the Helpline flyer.
CVT’s partners not only promote good health as a way of life they also offer a wide range of discounts for services that can help you incorporate Fit for Life into your life.
Anthem Wellness Discounts
Saving money is good. Saving money on things that are good for you — that’s even better. With SpecialOffers, you can access over 50 discounts on products and services that help promote better health and wellbeing, including fitness center memberships, vision and hearing care and family and home products. It's just one of the perks of being a member. To find the discounts available to you, log in to www.anthem.com/ca and under Care, select Discounts to see how much you can save.
Blue Shield of California – Wellness Discount Programs
Blue Shield offers a wide range of discount programs to help you save money and get healthier. To find the discounts that are available to you, visit www.blueshieldca.com/wellnessdiscounts.
These discount program services are not a covered benefit of Blue Shield health plans, and none of the terms or conditions of Blue Shield health plans apply.
Kaiser Permanente – ChooseHealthy
As a Kaiser Permanente member, you can access a complementary health and fitness program provided by ChooseHealthy™ to help you stay well. For more information on the wellness discount programs, visit www.kp.org/choosehealthy. Discounts are subject to change.